A glimmer of my clinic through the Wisteria
I am delighted to confirm that I am allowed to re open for appointments for a medical concern from 1st June and purely cosmetic appointments from 6th July. This is in line with Government guidance and the British College of Aesthetic Medicine.
The British College of Aesthetic Medicine has informed its members that they are allowed to re open their clinics for patients with medical concerns and this also includes treatments which improve or maintain your psychological / mental health from 1st June. These include:
- Botulinum toxin to treat headaches, bruxism (teeth grinding), excessive sweating and also to improve your psychological well being.
- Acne and acne scarring and other scars
- Dermatological conditions eg Eczema, Psoriasis
- Pigmentation – Melasma, Solar Lentigoes (sun spots)
- Hirsuitism – Excessive facial hair in women
- Dermal Filler treatments which improve your psychological well being.
- Profhilo if this treatment improves your psychological well being.
I will open for purely cosmetic treatments from 6th July in line with Government guidance.
To clarify the meaning of psychological health/ well being. This can mean that the treatments improve your self confidence and thus mood, or reduces anxiety. If you have any queries or wonder if your case may apply to this please contact me.
I trust that you understand the reasons behind the delayed opening for purely cosmetic purposes. Ethically, I feel this is the correct stance to take. This is in line with the timing of re opening of beauty salons and hairdressers.
If you have an appointment scheduled for June please can you contact me to confirm your attendance or re schedule.
I will ask you to complete a consent form which is on a subsequent email to bring with you to your appointment.
Safety First - Keeping us all safe
Please read the following as changes will take place to ensure the safest possible environment and journey through the clinic for us all.
Please confirm via text or email that you and members of your household are well 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you wake on the morning of your appointment feeling unwell please contact me to re schedule
- Please bring the consent form which is on the following newsletter with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to do this I will ask you to complete a consent form on your arrival
- Please try and arrive on time and park on the drive or on the road opposite my house
- Text me to say that you have arrived and remain in your car. Tel: 07956900979
- I will come and greet you
- Use hand sanitiser on entry which is in the waiting room
- I will also ask you to wash your hands with soap on entry to the clinic room.
- Please wear a mask, or a mask will be provided
- Please come in to your appointment unaccompanied.
- Bring only essential items into the room with you, these will be placed in a plastic box and carried into the clinic with you. Following your appointment this box will be disinfected.
- I will check your temperature on arrival and if raised I will be unable to see you
- I will be wearing PPE – scrubs, apron, gloves, mask and visor for treatments.
- I am afraid there will be less time for chat, we have been advised to limit exposure time wherever possible.
- I will have written consent forms for you to sign with a pen ( yours or a disinfected pen provided)
- If you feel that there are things you would like to discuss in greater depth we can do this beforehand via
- FaceTime, email or phone or we can arrange a follow up call.
- Card payments can be taken as I will disinfect the machine between patients, however contactless is a good alternative eg Applepay.
- Please use the hand sanitiser again on exit
- Appointment times have been altered to allow time for me to clean all surfaces between patients. This will also facilitate you only having contact with me and no other people during your appointment.
I hope that you feel happy with these changes any concerns or suggestions please get in touch.
I hope that you feel reassured as I am very comfortable with the donning and doffing of PPE and cleaning the clinic as I have experience of working in an NHS Covid unit. Working closely with infection control nurses and when short staffed I have been both Dr and infection control. I will be adhering to guidelines from the British College of Aesthetic Medicine and Consulting Room to keep us all as safe as possible.
No more time for relaxing, I am super busy getting my clinic ready to re open. You will receive another email with a consent form on, please complete this and bring with you to your appointment. If you are unable to do this I will ask you to complete on your arrival. If possible please bring it with you as this reduces the risk of infection. This is a confidential form which will be uploaded to your medical records and the paper copy will be destroyed.
Sorry I had to put another photo of my lovely cat, Sofy in.
I am really looking forward to seeing you again.
Wishing you and your family well.